The toilet is one of the most important fixtures in your bathroom, so it's important to choose the right one for your needs. There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing a toilet, such as the size of your bathroom, your budget, and your personal preferences.
In this blog post, we'll walk you through the process of choosing the right toilet for your bathroom. We'll discuss the different types of toilets available, the features to look for, and how to choose the right toilet for your budget.
Types of Toilets
There are three main types of toilets:
- Close-coupled toilets: These are the most common type of toilet. They consist of two separate pieces: the pan and the cistern. The pan is the bowl that you sit on, and the cistern is the tank that stores the water.
- Wall-hung toilets: These toilets are mounted on the wall, and the cistern is concealed in the wall. They can save space and give your bathroom a more modern look.
- Combination toilets: These toilets combine a toilet and a basin in one unit. They are a great option for small bathrooms, as they save space.
Features to Look For
When choosing a toilet, there are a few features you should look for:
- Height: Toilets come in a variety of heights. If you have mobility issues, you may want to choose a comfort height toilet, which is taller than a standard toilet.
- Flush system: There are two main types of flush systems: gravity flush and dual flush. Gravity flush toilets use gravity to flush the waste away. Dual flush toilets use two different amounts of water for a full flush or a partial flush.
- Water efficiency: Toilets are rated on their water efficiency. The most efficient toilets use less than 1.28 gallons of water per flush.
- Materials: Toilets are made from a variety of materials, including porcelain, ceramic, and plastic. Porcelain is the most common material, as it is durable and easy to clean.
Toilets can range in price from as little as £100. The price will vary depending on the type of toilet, the features, and the materials.
How to Choose the Right Toilet for Your Budget
Once you've considered the factors above, you can start to narrow down your choices. If you have a limited budget, you may want to consider a standard height, gravity flush toilet. If you have more money to spend, you may want to consider a comfort height, dual flush toilet with a more modern design.
No matter what your budget is, there is a toilet out there that is perfect for you. Take your time to shop around and compare different models before making a decision.
Choosing the right toilet for your bathroom is an important decision. By considering your needs and budget, you can find the perfect toilet to make your bathroom more functional and stylish.
Here are some additional tips for choosing the right toilet:
- Measure the space where the toilet will go to make sure you choose the right size.
- Consider the style of your bathroom and choose a toilet that will complement the other fixtures.
- Read reviews of different toilets before you buy to make sure you're getting a quality product.
- Ask your plumber for recommendations.
Checkout Bathroom4Less's Toilet collection https://www.bathroom4less.co.uk/collections/toilets to find the perfect toilet for your bathroom.